Negative pressure 304 SS glove box fixture
|Agency:||DEPT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Nov 19, 2020|
|Due Date:||Nov 30, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-07:00) MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME, DENVER, USA
- Original Published Date: Nov 19, 2020 11:46 am MST
- Original Response Date: Nov 30, 2020 03:00 pm MST
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Original Inactive Date: Dec 15, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: 6640 - LABORATORY EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
- NAICS Code: 334516 - Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
Place of Performance:
Dugway , UT 84022USA
THIS IS A Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government currently intends to award a contract for negative pressure 304 SS glove box on a “Sole Source Basis”, but is seeking vendors that may be able to supply the required maintenance/repair services for this requirement in order to support a competitive procurement. Accordingly, the U.S. Government highly encourages all interested businesses (large and small) to respond to this sources sought synopsis. In addition, small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), must describe their identifying capabilities in meeting the requirements at a fair market price, i.e., information which may help support a set-aside.
A signed FAR Part 6 Sole Source Justification and Approval (JA) will be completed if no other sources other than Manufacturer is identified.
The government intends to award the fabrication and installation of a second glove box, on a Sole Source basis utilizing:
FLOW SCIENCES INC.
2025 MERCANTILE DRIVE
LELAND, NC 28451 USA
Flow Sciences is the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
The FAR Authority and U.S. Code are: 6.302-1. Only one responsible source and no other supplies or
service will satisfy agency requirements. This acquisition is conducted under the authority of United States Code (U.S.C.) 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1) or 41 U.S.C. 3304(a)(1).
THIS NOTICE OF INTENT/SOURCES SOUGHT IS NOT A REQUEST FOR COMPETITIVE PROPOSALS.
A determination not to compete this requirement, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the Government. However, if a competitive solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Government-wide Point of Entry (GPE).
If you feel that your firm possesses the ability to provide these requirements, then you must respond by demonstrating your firm's technical capability to meet these requirements by 3:00 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, 30 November, 2020. In order to protect proprietary information and prevent the unintentional releasing of guarded information all interested firms must conduct their own research regarding the specifications of the above listed item(s). All inquiries shall be clearly marked with Sources Sought ID Number W911S6-21-Q-0001 and e-mailed to the Point of Contact (POC) listed below.
This notice does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Government-wide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The NAICS code is: 334516. SBA Size Standard is 1,000 Employees. THE PSC IS 6640.
ACQUISITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES: The Chemical Test Division/West Desert Test Center on Combined Chemical Test Facility, located at US Army Dugway Proving Ground, UT. The CTD purchased a negative pressure 304 SS glove box fixture in 2018. The first (original) negative pressure fixture has undergone 200 days, $1.45M of verification and validation testing in order for the fixture to be approved by Army Test And Evaluation Command (ATEC) Head Quarters (HQ) and Army Evaluation Command (AEC) as a validated SWATCH test Fixture. This proposed action is to obtain a second negative pressure 304 stainless steel glove Box test fixture be constructed as outlined in the glovebox salient requirements:
Glovebox salient requirements:
- Fully seal-welded stainless steel shell with thermally insulating exterior coating
- Nominal glove box interior dimensions: 54” W x 101.5” L x 40” H, approximate exterior dimensions: 58.25” W x 128.5” L (including loading box) x 43” H (excluding stand)
- Loading box with 18” x 18” (minimum) interior and exterior doors, utilizing gaskets, hinges, and easily operated latches
- 6 each double pane glass windows, with 2 each integral glove ports, inclined 15 degrees from vertical
- Fully seal-welded 1” thick flat-plate serpentine heat exchangers, removable from glove box shell, to circulate tempered fluid
- End plate attachment to glove box shell with bolted flanges and butyl flat gaskets
- End plates will utilize male weld studs to attach penetration panels from the exterior, also sealing with butyl flat gaskets
- Full stainless steel support stand with removable (bolted) lower cross braces for storage access
- Lockable caster on each leg
- One or multiple drip pan(s) integrated into top of stand to protect stored items from condensation/melting frost, with properly sloped contours and drain ports to allow complete drainage. Allowances will be provided for heat exchanger plumbing runs external to glove box.
- A lower shelf (solid plates) will be divided into sections at each leg, and will be supported on stand lower cross braces. Shelf sections will be independently removable, as desired, while not affecting the lower cross braces.
- System must allow movement through 70” W x 82” H door with provided casters and support stand
- Stand height resulting in approximate 52” glove port height from floor level to center of port
- Glove port location within window resulting in approximate 9” distance from center of port to top of heat exchanger surface
- Exterior mounted LED lights attached at the top of each window frame. Electrical circuitry will be daisy-chained, but provide quick disconnects at each light fixture for window removal or maintenance; final connection end will be pig-tailed for wiring by end-user.
- Exhaust duct connections: 4” sanitary fitting on loading box, 6” sanitary fitting on glove box end panel
- 4 each ½” Female NPT half-couplings on ceiling of loading box
- Two each 300 CFM fans mounted beneath each upper heat exchanger to provide convective airflow. Fans will be mounted with approximately 1” space below heat exchanger, and will direct airflow vertically downward. (six total) Fan electrical circuit will be daisy-chained, with final connection end left pig-tailed for wiring by end-user
- Loading box floor elevation as close as possible to the elevation of the bottom surface of the door jamb to reduce dead volume
- A drawer slide-mounted tray will be provided to aid in transfer of heavy items. Drawer slide will telescope fully through the opening of the inner door of the loading box, and will have a minimum load rating of 100 pounds. Tray and drawer slides will be securely attached for weight rating, but will be removable for cleaning and maintenance. With tray in place, encroachment into the 18” x 18” door opening is expected.
Optional Hardware – Separate Quote Line Item
- 2” thick rigid insulation on upper and lower glove box exterior surfaces. Insulation will be clad with an abrasion-resistant skin on all exposed surfaces to limit damage, and will be secured with standard fasteners to mitigate air infiltration between the insulation layer and the glove box shell surfaces.
This notice will be distributed solely through the Contracting Opportunities (Formerly FBO) Website (https://beta.sam.gov/search?index=opp). Interested parties are responsible for monitoring the site to ensure they have the most up-to-date information about this acquisition.
Qualified companies are encouraged to respond. Responses should provide the following information in response to this sources sought announcement:
- Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, identify business size (large business or a small business), and if applicable, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
- Please submit your capabilities in regards to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes. Provide recommendations to improve the Army's specifications to acquiring the identified items.
- Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
- Information to help determine if the requirement (items) is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
- Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
- If you feel that your firm possesses the ability to provide these requirements, then you must respond by demonstrating your firm's technical capability to meet these requirements by 3:00 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, 30 November, 2020. In order to protect proprietary information and prevent the unintentional releasing of guarded information all interested firms must conduct their own research regarding the specifications of the above listed item(s). All inquiries shall be clearly marked with Sources Sought ID Number W911S6-21-Q-0001 and e-mailed to the Point of Contact (POC) listed below.
- Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition and identify alternatives or solution solutions. Also contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-466-3015, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Sources Sought Synopsis. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
Interested parties shall enter "Negative Pressure Glove Box” in subject line of email. Interested parties should provide a statement of interest on company letterhead (not to exceed 20 pages in length)
The point of contact concerning this sources sought action is Mr. Jeremy MacDougall, Contract Specialist at (435) 831-3429, or email Jeremy.email@example.com.
Responses are due by 3:00 PM (MST) on 30 November 2020.
In order to determine the extent of industry interest and capability, interested parties must submit by e-mail to Jeremy MacDougall, Jeremy.A.MacDougall.firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses are due by 3:00 PM (MST) on 30 November 2020.
- KO DIRECTORATE OF CONTRACTIN 5330 VALDEZ CIRCLE
- DUGWAY , UT 84022-5000
- JEREMY MACDOUGALL
- Phone Number 4358313429
- Nov 19, 2020 11:46 am MSTSources Sought (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.